Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December Update - New Blog!

Thanks to some of you inquiring about what's been going on with me! I have been writing a new blog... you can find it here:

Shauna's new blog

There have been some great opportunities for me work-wise and I will elaborate in the New Year!

I have been taking French as a second language and tonight is my big presentation! We could choose any topic to talk about so I chose to talk about what I have learned in the past year or so! I translated it from English to French so here is the English version:

You’re Never Too Old to Learn and Change




In the past year, I have a new outlook! I didn’t always think this way but I am happy I do now!



Growing up in a Catholic home in a small town in Ontario, I thought that I should go to school, meet a man, get married and have kids. Some of that happened, not in that order, but most of it didn’t.



I thought I had failed.



I was the class clown. I thought making people laugh was the best way to make friends. But when my friends ran into difficulties later in their lives, real problems, jokes were not always the answer.



So I learned.



When I let someone choose me instead of choosing them, I really learned! The hard way!



When I chose someone that I could boss around and it didn’t work out, that was one of the hardest things to admit but I learned even more!



When I became 30, then 40 and it became clear that maybe I would never have children, I learned that that would be okay. I got a dog.



I learned that just because people have a thought about what a happy life should be, that it doesn’t mean your life can’t be happy, even if it’s different.



I have learned that I cannot judge anyone! I want to hear other people’s situations whatever they are. Everyone is the way they are for a reason.



I have learned that my job isn’t who I am. I can do my job in the best way I know how and sometimes that job just isn’t for me. And it takes being away from it to see it.



I have learned that it’s okay to shower an animal with affection. But it’s okay to shower people with affection too, without expecting anything in return.



I have learned that it’s okay to go camping with no one but your dog.



I have learned that I like certain things that are bad for me like wine and cheese! But I have also learned that life can be cut short in a moment so I want to live each day like it’s my last! And if today is my last day, I want everyone to know how much I love them.



I have learned that worrying about my weight or anything really, takes time away from living my life. And I already know that life is way too short! When I look at pictures of myself 10 years from now, I will say how great I looked. So why not think it now!



I have learned that some people are only with you for a short time and so you need to appreciate the time you have with them.



I was scared of a lot of things. I learned that you CAN get over some fears and to be a little afraid to do something can make it worth doing!



As an adult, getting up in front of a class and talking has been a big fear. Today, even just a little bit, I am facing that fear with all of you.



There are many things I have learned and one of them is a little bit of French!



So you ARE never too old to learn and change!

1 comment: