Friday, December 31, 2010

Celebrating out with the old and in with the new!

It’s been a helluva year. Glad to see it go. It’s been filled with heartache and despair but also laughter and healing… talking and drinking… speculation and disappointment.


But it’s done now! Finally… on to something new!

I sit and debate how to celebrate the ushering out of one of the worst years I have lived through and the dawn of a year I know will be so fruitful!

I have had some fantastic offers to attend house parties, I have considered going to my favourite watering hole to celebrate with friends, and I still fall back on sitting at home and killing a few bottles of bubbly, knowing my dog won’t be crossing her legs come 2 or 3am… and I’ll still be able to put one foot in front of the other and go for an easy run Jan.1…

It doesn’t take away from the fact that I want to makeout with someone. Yep, makeout. Like high school. I don’t need to have the rest, just the kissing and groping over the clothes. I’m a minimalist.

I don’t want to have to get all dressed up, pretend I’m “game” and makeout with a stranger out of desperation. I’m not desperate. I can pick up. I just don’t want to take them home.

I want to talk. And laugh.

After we makeout of course or AS we makeout!

And I love sex. Absolutely cannot live without it. It’s not the be all and end all… but it IS important J … to me.

There are very few people that I feel I can truly talk to. I have so many wonderful friends and I listen intently and with earnest about their lives, loves and tribulations and am truly intrigued.

But now it’s my time! Time for me to shine, time for me to get what I deserve in every way! I have nothing to prove. Time to throw off the shackles and conquer anything and anyone my heart desires! Life is far too short! I can hear the clock ticking on the back of my neck.

I hear fate whispering in my ear. “Hold nothing back! Drive! Push on! Live!”

Regardless of how I usher in 2011, it will be magical, for me.. and countless others!!!

"Lig dom agus ligfidh mé duit!"

Roughly translated (Gaelic)

"Let me be and I'll let you be".

1 comment:

  1. Happy NY's Shauna old friend...2011 WILL be magical. ;-)

    ReplyDelete