Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day!

I cannot remember being happier on a Valentine's Day!

I guess that doesn't say too much for the men whom I have been lucky enough see usher in and out of my life, as I am single for this one!

But each one was a stepping stone to this place.

I've always been a glass-half-full kind of person, always tried to see the bright side of every situation. I'm no Pollyanna because I have had low times, and I knew it was important to feel those feelings or I would never move on from them.

But I'm in such a fantastic place!

I am living my life in the moment! It has been tough but so rewarding!

I am not rushing into anything nor expecting anything! I am getting to know fantastic, and I mean top-notch people, because I am placing no expectations on them, just enjoying their company, and maybe more importantly, letting them get to know me.

I've always shielded others from exposing them to my true self. I have always been good at saying the "right" thing and being the "right" person in every situation.

Now, I'm just being me.

With no excuses.

And although it is just me this Feb. 14th, the day for "lovers" if you will, I feel completely whole.

Unafraid to be me yet still a bit vulnerable.

And it's a great place to be!

Have a wonderful Valentine's!

No comments:

Post a Comment