Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lessons

Vacation is necessary and should be mandatory! I can't believe how much better I felt even the first day of sleeping in and not going in to work! And how much more productive I feel back behind the mic!

For the first part of the week, I lounged at my friend's cottage, just myself and Lola the Wonderdog. Then, midweek, I arranged to take the Via train to visit a new friend in Montreal.

The start was so relaxing and the latter part was magical!

Imagine conversing through e-mail about work, etc. (my Montreal friend and I both work for the same company) and never meeting in person. Sounds like on-line dating! Well my friend invited me to come and stay with she and her family. Her husband had never even heard about me! I could have been a psycho freak for all he knew! It worked out perfectly. I felt more like myself than I have in many years.

My friend took me to so many places and I got to experience so many things! I think one of my favourites was watching an entry in the International Fireworks Display Competition over the water at an amusement park! The country competing when we saw it was Sweden! The fireworks are set to music and the chosen songs were unmatched! Abba, of course, old '80s and 90s dance tunes and a tribute to Michael Jackson! I think it's because I absolutely LOVE fireworks and my friend and I knew all the songs and belted them out at the top of our lungs arm in arm. I haven't done THAT in a long time either!

Another highlight was my new friends invited THEIR friends over for dinner and I got to mix and mingle. They were all fabulous and interesting people. It was a real treat chatting and laughing with them. And the food for phenomenal! Lots of French, which was cool so I could try and catch the conversation. When a lull in the convo cropped up, I piped up and asked if indeed I had caught what they were talking about.

I feel like a phase of my life is finally coming to an end. The growing part is still happening and always will, but I think the grieving and blaming is now over.

I had a dream when I was away that I was at a party with my ex. Don't remember much else except that I woke up realizing it was finally over. My best friend, upon my return from Montreal, told me he had a dream about me and the ex when I was away. Weird I know but that sort of thing happens to us often. Anyhow, he said we were all at a party and I was trying to convince my friend to "be friends" with my ex again. He refused and slammed his fist on the table and said, "no, we're done now," Crazy how there are so many different ways to reach us in the subconscious.

I am still struggling with the digestive issues but am going back to the doc for the 3rd time and hopefully it's the charm. I feel so uncomfortable with the bloating, I find it difficult to exercise... but I am forcing myself!

I have found a new confidence in my work and a renewed gratification that I am working in the media. And I have a self assurance that is growing everyday. I am discovering passions I never knew I had. I have realized that just because I don't make a TON of money doesn't mean I can't buy some "decadence" every once in awhile. I feel like I am finally LIVING instead of existing. I am carving a life that is uniquely my own.

Ironically, Eat, Pray Love opens next weekend and I know after I see the movie, I will find something else I want to accomplish or pursue. The book was inspirational and the movie looks fabulous.

I am all ready making plans with my new friend to meet some of MY friends in Toronto for a shopping trip!

Life is good. Happy is hanging around!

No comments:

Post a Comment